Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Painting Assignment: Novel Interior

This painting assignment was to interior a novel. You had to pick a book you like and paint a room from it. I chose The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern, which is a really good book that has fantastic descriptions and concepts in it. I wanted to do an interior from the actual circus, but the point of the circus is that its black and white, and the point of the assignment was a little about colour, so that didn't really work out. The room is Prospero's dressing room, from the second chapter I think. It doesn't look like how I imagine Prospero's dressing room would look like at all, but I like the idea of this room. I sort of learned some stuff, but sadly didn't get the chance to apply it. Hopefully I'll have some time to paint some personal stuff and use it there. After I handed it in I experimented with it in the Photoshop, and learned a lot about value, which is sort of non-existent in the painting. Next time I will try better to use Light and Values. 

No comments:

Post a Comment