Friday, 10 May 2013

Italy Trip: Week One

It's been one week since coming to Italy. First couple days were spent in Rome, and we are now settled into our apartment in Florence. Trying to do more painting, but I've got nothing to show for it yet. I'll keep working on it. In the mean time, here are some sketches from the past week:



A map of the city centre where we spend all our time. My apartment is right above Piazza del Duomo, on via Gino Capponi. Everything (in this square) is walking distance. Since we are doing so much walking, it means I can justify eating gelato every day. For every meal.


A gelato shop in Rome

  



Old city walls in Rome


St. Peter's Basilica in Rome




Patterns and architecture in the Basilica of St. Francis.





Sketch of "Cavaliere" sculpture in bronze by Marino Marini


Sketch of a window across the street from a museum.


One of the ceilings of a church.



Ceiling of one of the domed rooms in the Galleria Uffizi.


There was a surprise parade last night. 

2 comments:

  1. wheres the drawing you did of every1 at the trip to DT oakville??!
    cool drawings btw, i like that st.peters basilica =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to scan it before I left :'( I'll put it up in August. Thanks man :)

      Delete